Sunday, January 23, 2011

A'ali-Pottery*











Aali Pottery In Bahrain

On a hot sunny day, I decided to go explore Bahrain and take some interesting pictures. I went to Al-Aali, a small village in Bahrain that have very cultural and traditional people living there. Some old men working there saw how interested I was so they  explained how these pots were made from scratch and I found it really interesting that there are people out there that still value their ancestor's hard work and would take over their businesses even though they don't make a lot for a living. While I was back home, i tried to take as many pictures I can of all the historic places in Bahrain to show everyone that has never been or want to learn about my country. One of the oldest traditions is making pottery out of clay. They come in all sorts of sizes and a lot of people use them to decorate their houses, decorate their gardens with flowers, & others are used as piggy banks and for other personal use. I bought some and started painting them in different colors and put them up in my room and they looked really good! Here are the pictures I took that day, hope you like them :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment