Wednesday, January 11, 2012

NostalgicTimeMachine*
















While I was at my grandma's house yesterday I thought of taking pictures that brought back a lot of good memories growing up, so i decided to fiddle around with my camera (Canon G12) and found a great effect that's called "Nostalgia" found in the SCN mode. What i loved about this effect is that you can pick and play around with the colors whether you want the pictures to be bright and more modern or make the colors go darker to make an image seem like its vintage/retro simply by adjusting the exposure switch in the front. It was a perfect effect to use while capturing these objects because using the regular settings wouldn't usually make pictures special or unique especially when it has a great personal meaning behind the picture to somebody. I had a great time taking these pictures and took many more but i decided to share my favorites! Going to upload more pictures I've been working on this month while I'm back in Bahrain for the holidays before going back to FL. Hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them and inspire people to start taking photos of absolutely anything because in photography, you can always turn nothing into something by simply creating a meaning and many may not see what you see but at the end of the day everybody has their own different perspective in art and life and what matters the most is what it means to you & only you.

No comments:

Post a Comment