Saturday, December 3, 2011

TheNewMember*



Say helloo to Snoop! The new member of the family :)! Well i never intended to have a pet in the first place while i was in university because of all the stress and work you would have to put into taking care of such a cute kitten, but i just couldn't resist!! Two days ago i decided to visit the The Humane Society of Tampa Bay where everyone can go and adopt a cat or a dog that don't have any homes and have been abused in their lives. The reason i went there in the first place was to take pictures for my photography class/final project. I decided I  wanted to work with animals for a change instead of people, do something completely different. My goal was to capture the sadness in the animals' eyes and get close up portraits, thank god i was able to get really great pictures, well I haven't seen the outcome YET, but hoping for the best after spending hours and hours in the dark room :)! While i was taking pictures i went in to see the kittens and my friend & I both promised each other we would leave the shelter with empty hands, but i couldn't resist when i saw this little kitty, I knew i had to take him back home with me and that he already belonged to me the second he sat on my lap and started playing with me, it was love at first sight, literally! Snoop is a 4 month old abused kitty that was found in the streets and was badly hurt when they found him, thankfully he didn't take a long time to heal after the humane society brought him in and took care of him. Snoop is a mixed breed (unknown), has the softest fur & the most beautiful green eyes! I am so so so happy to have him staying with me, and it makes me happier knowing i saved an animal that needed a home and a mum! If Anyone's interested in adopting a kitten or a puppy please visit the Humane Society or just helping out by volunteering will make a difference!

Humane Society Of Tampa Bay
3607 N. Armenia Avenue
Tampa, FL 33607

No comments:

Post a Comment